The changes will start in February 2020 and will gradually be implemented by January 1, 2022. Microsoft is investing in new ways to help organizations deploy, train, and get support for the products and services they buy. Because those new ways overlap with some dated and underused Software Assurance benefits, and the redemption process for some benefits are cumbersome and outdated, Microsoft is retiring those overlapping and outdated benefits.
Key Dates and Milestones for SATV Retirement
|February 1, 2020
|February 1, 2021
||January 1, 2022
- Azure courses will be retired from SATV redemption.
- Clients must reserve vouchers for Azure training prior to February 1, 2020.
- Clients will have 180 days from date of assignment to redeem.
- Training vouchers can no longer be converted to planning services days.
- Retire accrual of new planning days
- Retire accrual of new training vouchers
- New contracts after won’t have any training vouchers assigned.
- Existing contracts won’t receive any additional training vouchers.
- Last day to redeem planning days vouchers for existing contracts.
- Last day to redeem training vouchers for existing contracts.